"Acquire how to make cake pops the easy way.  Featuring tips and techniques to make and decorate perfect cake pops at dwelling house!"

Visual learner? Watch me make these block pops from start to cease!


how to make cakpops cake pops recipe tutorial

I thought I HATED cake pops. I made them for a baby shower a few years ago, and they were a pain in the hind parts!

All that daggum freezing and refreezing, dipping, twirling, decorating, and ugh that texture!! Ewww!!

It was soggy, grainy, and tasted similar someone had chewed it upward already.  My hubby sat quietly, ate the whole thing, and calmly said: "you lot don't take to make these again, please".

I seriously did not meet what all the block pop hype was about, but I kept getting requests to "PLEASE Do A CAKE POP TUTORIAL!".  I can't seem to say no to you guys, then I got back in the kitchen to figure these things out. Something had to give!

how to make cake pops tutorial

I discovered that I LOVED cake pops.  Hither'south what I learned:

Cake Popular Making Tips

  1. Get Like shooting fish in a barrel On The Frosting: What a lot of folks failed to mention in the block pop tutorials that I was post-obit was to ONLY ADD A LITTLE Fleck OF FROSTING. That is super important!!  Most cakes are already moist. Too much frosting, and it's ruined, in my opinion, non unless y'all add together more cake.
  2. Apply Your Hands To Mix: It really helps to mix it upwards with your hands so that you can get the feel of it. When I used a spoon to mix it upwards, it looked every bit if I wasn't putting in enough frosting, but information technology turned out that it was way too much when I went to make a brawl. The cake should however exist a bit crumbly even when the frosting is mixed in.
  3. Mini Ice Cream/Cookie  Scoop Works Great: Utilise a mini ice cream scoop to scoop out the "dough" so that yous will have equal portions.
  4. No Need To Keep Refreezing- I only placed these in the freezer once. Twice if you plan on bagging them or you lot want to speed up the final setting time.
  5. Apply A Deep, Narrow Cup For Dipping:The melted chocolate/processed coating should be deep plenty to submerge the cake brawl completely to avert having to twirl it around. **NEW METHOD* Another method I saw on Cupcake Wars recently was to place the melted chocolate in a bowl, place the cake pop in the bowl and so spoon the chocolate on.
  6. Box Cake Is Just Fine–  If you're not against the ingredients, go far like shooting fish in a barrel for yourself and just purchase a box cake and make some bootleg frosting. No 1 will know.
  7. Use A Styrofoam Holder- A block of Styrofoam makes a really nifty holder to stick the cake pops in while they are drying, and it'south cheap.
How to Make Cake Pops Easily!

How To Make Cake Pops With Cake Mix

Equally much equally I love all things from scratch on this site when it comes to "food projects" like cake pops, I usually turn to the box cake mix and a tin can of frosting route.  Information technology'due south so much quicker!

Although if I'm making these for someone, I sometimes exercise a  homemade frosting (depending on how much I like the person).

Box cakes are normally very moist, so you'll but need to use a footling bit of frosting for these cake pops. Information technology's all about the frosting-cake ratio!

Homemade Frosting  For Cake Pops

If you lot're looking for homemade frosting to use with your cake pops, these are my two favorites!

The Real Cream Cheese Frosting and this Old-Fashioned Chocolate Frosting. These frostings are so creamy with that bootleg taste.

No one will ever know y'all use a box cake (if you practice) with these from-scratch frostings!

chocolate frosting recipe

cream cheese frosting recipe

Cake Pop Ingredients

To make these quick and easy block pops, y'all'll need:

  • one/2 set 9 x13  cake ( I used chocolate)
  • chocolate frosting (homemade or store-bought), yous'll just need a few spoonfuls, seriously!
  • Chocolate or Processed Coating (for dipping) I employ to merely use chocolate; now I swear by candy melts! All those fun colors only speak to me!
  • Sprinkles (because they are but so doggone cute!)

Making Cake Pops With Leftover Cake

Using leftover cake to make cake pops is the best!! We don't accept leftover cake in my business firm very often, but when we practise, it'southward on and poppin!

That leftover cake turns into cake pops, and so all of a sudden, people are in the mood for cake again! Isn't it funny how you can put something on a stick, and everybody wants it?

When making block pops with leftover cake, you lot want to scrape off the frosting first and place information technology in a basin.

Y'all definitely won't demand all the frosting. Crumble the cake up and then add in the frosting a piddling at a time until the block tin can hold its shape once formed into a tight ball.

These cake pops are what I consider cake pop perfection!!!  They are the all-time cake pops I've ever had.  The texture is fluffy AND moist, and it was nowhere nearly as messy and time-consuming equally my first attempts at making cake pops.

how to make cake pops cake pop tutorial

Now, if you're looking for a tutorial on how to decorate block pops…ugh, I'm not the girl for the job!! Sprinkles is as good equally information technology gets over here : )

Fifty-fifty without fancy decoration, these cake pops tin even so make a pretty cute, inexpensive, and festive gift idea! Let your imagination run wild!

CAKE POP FAQS

Can I make these the day before? You sure can! But I'd use candy melts instead of chocolate. That style, you can store them on the counter and not have to worry about the chocolate melting and smearing on the treat bag. Plus, candy melts come in so many fun colors!


HELPFUL CAKE POP MAKING SUPPLIES


Give these block pops a attempt, and let me know what ya think! I can't expect to brand these again!

how to make cakpops cake pops recipe tutorial

Get the Recipe: How To Brand Cake Pops EASILY!!!

Fluffy, moist petty block pops! So easy and quick to brand!

  • Chocolate Cake , prepared (I used 1/ii of a 9x13 devils nutrient box block)
  • Chocolate Frosting, amount depends on moistness of cake. I used two large spoonfuls. Run across video
  • 2 boxes Premium white chocolate, I used Baker'southward brand *update* I now use processed melts
  • cake pop sticks
  • sprinkles
  • Add block to a large bowl.

  • Crumble until information technology resembles fine crumbs

  • Add in frosting a little bit at a time until the cake is moist and can hold a ball shape, however is withal slightly crumbly. (Use your hands to incorporate the frosting into the cake crumbs)

  • Using a mini ice foam scoop, scoop out two scoops worth of block mixture.

  • Whorl the mixture into a tight ball and place it on a plate.

  • Echo until all the cake mixture has been rolled into balls.

  • Cook 2-4 ounces of white chocolate in the microwave.

  • Dip the tip of the cake pop sticks into the white chocolate and insert into the cake balls nearly halfway.

  • Freeze for virtually 20 minutes.

  • Meanwhile, ready all of your decorating supplies.

  • Melt the remaining chocolate in a large cup. Brand sure yous have enough chocolate to completely submerge the cake brawl.

  • Remove cake balls from the freezer.

  • Dip block assurance advisedly into the chocolate until covered.

  • Permit the excess chocolate baste off. Swirl and tap gently if needed.

  • Add the sprinkles while the chocolate is still wet. It volition harden quickly.

  • Stick the decorated cake popular into a styrofoam block to finish setting.

  • Identify into the freezer to speed upward setting fourth dimension.

  • Cover with a clear treat pocketbook & ribbon for souvenir giving, if desired.

  • Store in a cool area in a single layer, in an airtight container.

  • Savour!

~TIPS~
Desire to use food coloring? I'd suggest using candy melts instead of white chocolate for the coating. I wasn't impressed with how the white chocolate took the nutrient coloring. Information technology fabricated the chocolate thicker. I purchased all of my ingredients including the cake popular sticks and sprinkles at Target. The styrofoam I had already, merely y'all can get a cake of styrofoam at crafts stores or Walmart.
The recipe (using merely i/2 of a 9 X thirteen block) makes about 13 medium-sized cake balls.
Experience free to change up the cake, frosting, and coating. Blood-red velvet block, with foam cheese frosting and white chocolate coconut, is really good!
You can also use homemade cake and bootleg frosting but I seriously tin't tell the difference in taste.

This post contains chapter links.

Original Cake Pop Creator: Bakerella!!! How fun is her site?!